The 2018 Lacrosse season is just around the corner. The Red River Lacrosse Association and its zones, Falcons, Sidewinders, Gryphons, and Shamrocks have all opened registration their links can be found below. We anticipate the Wizard’s Registration being up and running within a week, so stay tuned to the MLA’s Website, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram for updated information!
Manitoba Senior Box League
In addition, the Manitoba Senior Box Lacrosse League (MSBLL) has also opened their registration, open to all graduating midget players and players who are seventeen (17) and up! The MSBLL Link can be found below as well.
Women’s Field Lacrosse
The MLA has also opened registration this year for Women’s/Girl’s Field Lacrosse, which we anticipate running through the months of April and June. To make this offer more enticing, the first fifty (50) registrants will receive a free women’s lacrosse stick! Registration can be found below.
Thus far, the MLA has scheduled four coaching clinics for 2018 the dates and sectors can be found below. To register please visit nccp.lacrosse.ca.
- Competitive Introduction (Box Lacrosse) – April 14th-15th, 2018 (Glenwood Community Centre)
- Community Development (Box Lacrosse) – April 22nd, 2018 (Glenwood Community Centre)
- Community Development (Men’s Field Lacrosse) – March 17th, 2018 (Glenwood Community Centre)
- Competitive Introduction (Men’s Field Lacrosse) – March 24th-25th, 2018 (Glenwood Community Centre)
Thus far, the MLA has scheduled three officiating clinics for 2018 the dates and sectors can be found below. To register please visit officials.lacrosse.ca.
- Level 1/2 [$50.00] April 8th, 2018— 8:00am-4:00pm (Glenwood Community Centre)
- Level 3/4 [$75.00] April 21st, 2018— 8:00am-4:00pm (Glenwood Community Centre)
- Level 1/2 – [$40.00] April 7th, 2018— 9:00am-4:00pm (Sport Manitoba)
Manitoba Lacrosse General Updates
Board Changes—The MLA would like to announce the addition of Matthew Hamilton to its Board of Directors along with the resignation of Brent White. The MLA would like to thank Mr. White for his contributions to the Board of Directors over the past fifteen months.
West Lacrosse Development—The MLA’s Development Committee is spearheading grassroots lacrosse development in the Western part of Manitoba. If individuals have family or friends in areas interested in establishing, growing, and developing the spot in the Western region, please contact the MLA Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please contact:
Phone: +1 (204) 925-5684