For Immediate Release
January 17, 2018
For more information contact:
Manitoba Lacrosse Association Announces Launch of a New High-Performance Program
MLA to launch Prestige Lacrosse, the Organization’s Nine-Month High-Performance Program!
The Manitoba Lacrosse Association is proud to announce the launch of the Prestige Lacrosse Program, a three day a week, nine-month combined sector program (Box and Men’s Field) focused on the development of high-performance athletes in three separate but interrelated fields.
Program Start Date: Mid-February 2018
Eligible Age Groups: 13, 14, 15, 16, and 17-Year Old’s
- On-The-Field Program (January-October)
- Combined Box and Field Program focused on developing specific individual positional skills and individual tactics.
- The program will also focus on team tactics and team strategies that are employed in both box and field lacrosse.
- Strength and Conditioning Program (January-March)
- A program focused on developing correct exercise technique, increasing strength and power, improve physical conditioning through sport specific exercises, progress movement capabilities, and enhance speed and acceleration.
- Classroom Program (January-October)
- A program focused on Sports Nutrition, Sports Psychology, Strength and Conditioning, and individual life skills.
The MLA is committed to covering the majority of the costs associated with the Prestige Program, including but not limited to, floor and field costs, any costs associated with strength and conditioning, including instructor lessons and facility costs, costs associated with classroom programming, and apparel. A small fee of $50.00 is the annual cost of the program.
The establishment of the Prestige Program is not a replacement for the Team Manitoba Program, but supplements the Bantam, Midget, U15, and U18 Programs. Moreover, participation in the aforementioned programs is a recommendation but not a pre-requisite.
Enrollment in the program will be based on commitment. Individuals interested are expected to participate in all components throughout the length of the program.
To register, please email Dallas Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration closes February 15th, 2018